The cinematic event will be held from October 24 to November 8 in Lima.
There will be about 52 films and 2 samples of short films played in 15 different venues of Lima and 10 venues of 8 cities in other parts of the country. This year the festival is dedicated to Jeanne Moreau, one of the greatest figures of French cinema.
Some of the special guests will be Nicolás Azalbert, film critic of the prestigious magazine Cahiers du Cinéma, who will be part of the panel of the Seminar “Miradas del Cine Europeo”, together with Peruvian professionals of criticism and teaching.
The embassies of the States Member of the European Union in Peru, the European Union Delegation and the Film Library of the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru will be the hosts of the 29th European Film Festival in Lima; an essential event that has been involved in the dissemination of the cinematography of this continent in our country for the last three decades.
There will also be films from Austria, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden and Switzerland as guest countries.
In addition to Fiction, Documentary and Animation categories, the Festival presents a Film Show produced by the Deutsche Film-Aktiengesellschft (DEFA) studios and also the most renowned film directors from the German Democratic Republic: Frank Beyer, Heiner Carow, and Wolfgang Staudte.
Among the movies that will be played at the festival, there are “Christine’s Spring” from Austria, “Family Games” from Spain and “A Girl of Her Age” from Portugal, along with many other films from other European countries.
PLACES TO WATCH THE FILMS:
- Filmoteca PUCP – Sala Azul del CCPUCP
- Alianzas Francesas de Miraflores
- Centro Cultural de España
- Instituto Italiano de Cultura
- Centro Cultural Inca Garcilaso – Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
- Cine Club del Banco Central de Reserva
- Centro Cultural del Ministerio de Cultura
- Museo de Arte de Lima – MALI
- Ventana Indiscreta de la Universidad de Lima
- Cine Club Universidad San Martín de Porres
- Sala Armando Robles Godoy, Ministerio de Cultura
- Universidad de Ciencias y Humanidades – UCH, Breña y Villa El Salvador
- Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería
- Vichama – Centro de Arte y Cultura
- Alianzas Francesa de Arequipa
- Universidad Nacional de San Agustín (UNAS), Arequipa
- Asociación Cultural “Charlie Quispe & Co” – USIL, Cusco
- Estudio Club Net, Cusco
- Alianzas Francesa de Chiclayo
- Centro Cultural de la Universidad Continental – Huancayo
- Alianzas Francesa de Iquitos
- Dirección Desconcentrada de Cultura de Lambayeque
- Alianzas Francesa de Piura
Alianzas Francesa de Trujillo