Peru is getting ready for this year’s Chilcano Week (January 12-19), and so should you. We have compiled a list of some locations around Lima that will be celebrating this refreshing drink for the next seven days.
1. The Westin Hotel & Convention Center will be hosting this year’s Chilcano Fest. A bit late to the game, the hotel will celebrate January 20 and 21, offering you chilcanos made with some of the best Peruvian piscos.
Address: Las Begonias 450, San Isidro
2. Starting January 12, you can enjoy chilcano promotions at the Tintaya Resto-Bar. They will be offrering a “chilcano bracelet” that will allow you to enjoy all the chilcanos you want for a one time purchase of S/ 50. If you’re not up to drinking all you can, all week and then some (January 12-24) you can order any type of chilcano for a 2 x S/ 25 deal.
Address: Jr. Ica 240, Lima
3. ArtDeco Bar will be offering a variety of chilcanos macerated with 24 different types of exotic and refreshing fruits with unique combinations. Their promotions include 2×1 in all chilcanos at S/ 25 from 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., and 2 chilcanos and tequeños at S/ 40 from 6 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Address: Calle Manuel Bonilla 227, Miraflores
4. El Gran Combo will be offering Chilcano Iqueño with pisco Tres Generaciones, Chilcano Characato with pisco Torre de la Gala and Chilcano del Cholo with pisco Cholo Matías each at a price of S/ 20. Not sure what the difference is? Neither are we, so you’ll just have to do a little friendly research.
Address: Calle Bonilla 113, Miraflores
5. Make room for some good ol’ Peruvian food at Wakatay Restaurant, but don’t fill up too much as they will also be offering 2×1 on chilcanos.
Address: Av. Benavides 5156, Surco
6. Last but not least, beat the heat in Barranco’s El Tizí³n with two chilcanos for only S/ 18 starting everyday from January 12-21.
Address: Av. Nicolí¡s de Piérola 148, Barranco