(LIP-ir) — Teacher’s continue to strike government proposed "Teacher’s Profession" law. A strike which has had serious repercussions nationwide continues. The death of a 13 year-old girl to the turning over of a bus can be attributed to these violent manifestations. Today, Peru’s teacher union (SUTEP) along with other organizations and students from universities made the capital’s streets their playground. Protests today took over Emancipación, Abancay, Tacna and Colmena avenues. Another officer was seriously injured and 16 more people have been detained. Among the detained are SUTEP members and students from universities such as San Marcos University and the National University of Callao.
- Video of the Week “Raiz Mestiza” Hip Hop Philosophy
- How Native Beliefs Commingle with Catholicism in the Mountains of Peru
- Restaurant Review: Donatello Trattoria
- How Is Peru’s Minimum Wage Compared to Latin America?
- Mercedes Aráoz: “Maduro’s Entry Will Be Prohibited”
- Congress Will Not Be Able to Send Questions to Barata
- Backpacking Tourists Are The Ones Who Repeat the Most Trips to Peru
- A 5.3-Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered This Early Morning in Piura
- Tourism Boosts in Tacna
- Ultimate Packing List for Trekking to Machu Picchu in 2018