Smartphones have become the most popular tool for searching houses today in Peru, reported a study from Properati Perú, a real estate company.
Properati said that 70% of the users of their app use their mobile phones to find the “house of their dreams”. The remaining 30% do so on their computers.
“Regionally, Peru is the fourth Latin American country with the highest digital demand, above Brazil and very close to reach Ecuador, Colombia and Argentina”, Diario Correo said.
According to Angélica Gómez, Key Account Manager in Properati, these results are evidence of the growth of the online market in Peru. They also revealed that there is a higher tendency to rent a house in groups of people between 25 and 35 years of age. Those between 25 and 64 years old are looking to buy, instead of renting.
“Arequipa is the department that leads the ranking regarding the percentage of the use of a smartphone to search for a place to live”, Diario Correo wrote. This region is followed by Trujillo, Lima, Chiclayo and Cusco.
(Cover Photo Archive)
Now that you're here:
We're asking you, our reader, to make a contribution in support of our digital guide in order to keep informing, updating and inspiring people to visit Peru. Why now? In our near 20-year journey as the leading English-language source on travel in Peru, we've had our fair share of ups and downs-but nothing quite like the challenges brought forth in the first quarter of 2020.
By adapting to the changing face of the tourism and travel industry (on both local and international levels), we have no doubt we will come out stronger-especially with the support of our community. Because you will travel again, and we will be ready to show you the best of Peru.
Your financial support means we can keep sharing the best of Peru through high-quality stories, videos and insights provided by our dedicated team of contributors and editors based in Peru. And of course, We are here to answer your questions and help whenever you need us.
As well, it makes possible our commitment to support local and small businesses that make your visit an unforgettable one. Your support will help the people working in these industries get back on their feet once the world allows us to make our dream of enjoying everything Peru has to offer a reality again-from its mouthwatering gastronomy, thriving Amazon and archaeological wonders such as Machu Picchu.
Together, we will find a way through this. As a member of our community, your contribution, however big or small, is valuable.