Volunteers are needed November 3-10 to help communities along the Napo River in the Peruvian Amazon.
DB Peru is heading back down the Napo River, this time to offer women breast and cervical screening, provide the latest Health Fair, and build a Health and Nutrition Center, and they need your help!
DB Peru is a charity that works with communities in the Peruvian Amazon, providing education and healthcare. The NGo was founded in 2003 and since then have made 50 trips down the Napo River, delivering medicine and supplies, helping the communities
Volunteers will be helping with the ongoing Women’s Project, providing women with much needed screening for breast and cervical cancer and education about women’s health and domestic violence; the sixth Health Fair and Soccer Tournament; and helping to build San Pedro’s new Health and Nutrition Center. Basically, wherever your skills and interests lie, you’ll have something to do!
*For Women’s Project, helpers are needed for:*
* Playing with children while classes in session
* Assisting doctor with exams
* Setup of rooms and medicines
* Registration of patients
*For the 6th Annual Health Fair and first women’s ‘futbal’ tournament Copa DB Peru , helpers are needed for;*
* Set-up of health fair
* Decorate village
* Place banners
* Set up teaching rooms
* Dental classes for children
* Nail care
* Demonstrations of first aid
* Back safety
* Water filtration systems
* Games and health teaching for children
* Any health teaching that a volunteer would like to share
* Helpers are also needed for football games – scoreboard, referees, organizing teams
*For construction on Health and Nutrition Center Lodge, helpers are needed for:*
* Light construction with wood and screening