The Mining & Investment Latin America Summit will connect mining companies with financiers and investors on November 6 and 7, 2019 at the Westin Hotel, Lima, Peru.
Latin America continues to develop as a prime location for mining investment, exploration and expansion. Attracting one third of the world’s mining investment, the continent continues to yield sources of iron ore, copper and gold, as well as silver, zinc, niobium, rhenium, molybdenum and lithium. Such plentiful natural resources generate considerable revenue and are a powerful driver for regional and national economic development. It is expected that in 2020 it will continue to build on this positive trend.
Hosted by GFC Media Group, the summit is the only event in the region to focus on bringing together mining companies of all sizes with investors and financiers. This year, 2 days packed with over 20 hours of content, 80+ word class speakers and high-quality networking opportunities will focus on the following themes as the mining industry continues to develop:
- Discussions from Major producers: Global, Regional and Country Heads from Nexa Resources, Southern Copper, Anglo American, Agnico Eagle, Antofagasta, Antamina, Barrick Gold, Lithium America, Buenaventura & Hochschild
- Country Overviews: Renowned speakers will be discussing the potential projects, successful financing and the government’s support in the mining industry of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador and Peru.
- Junior Miners RoadShow: Junior miners such us Alianza Minerals, Candente Copper, Chakana Copper, Mining Sense and more will present their projects to a room full of global and retail investors looking for exciting new mining projects across Latin America
- CSR Roundtables: Global Heads of CSR from Newmont, Barrick, AngloGold will discuss and debate CSR strategies for 2019 and beyond
- Opportunity to network with your peers over drink receptions, lunches & coffee break
With over 650 attendees from 20 countries expected this year there is clearly tremendous scope for making advantageous contacts in our business development-driven environment. Speaking of the 2018 summit, Keith Spence of Global Mining Capital Corp stated, “By far, the best Latin America mining conference for content, speaker quality and networking!!”
A growing list of reputable sponsors and partners support the Mining & Investment Latin America Summit 2019, they include: BNP Paribas, HSBC, Credit Agricole, Mizuho, M3 Engineering, Masglas, Mayer Brown, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt, Sheaman & Sterling, Winston & Strawn, Alianza Minerals, Candente Copper,Chakana Copper, Coro Mining, Inca One Gold Corp, Hudbay, Mining Sense, Palamina Corp, PPX Mining, Regulus Resources, SolGold
GFC Media Group aims to improve connectivity between companies looking to raise capital and investors seeking to deploy it.
Source: GFC Media Group press release
Cover photo: GFC Media Group
Now that you're here:
We're asking you, our reader, to make a contribution in support of our digital guide in order to keep informing, updating and inspiring people to visit Peru. Why now? In our near 20-year journey as the leading English-language source on travel in Peru, we've had our fair share of ups and downs-but nothing quite like the challenges brought forth in the first quarter of 2020.
By adapting to the changing face of the tourism and travel industry (on both local and international levels), we have no doubt we will come out stronger-especially with the support of our community. Because you will travel again, and we will be ready to show you the best of Peru.
Your financial support means we can keep sharing the best of Peru through high-quality stories, videos and insights provided by our dedicated team of contributors and editors based in Peru. And of course, We are here to answer your questions and help whenever you need us.
As well, it makes possible our commitment to support local and small businesses that make your visit an unforgettable one. Your support will help the people working in these industries get back on their feet once the world allows us to make our dream of enjoying everything Peru has to offer a reality again-from its mouthwatering gastronomy, thriving Amazon and archaeological wonders such as Machu Picchu.
Together, we will find a way through this. As a member of our community, your contribution, however big or small, is valuable.