Today the whole world celebrates the “Earth Day” as a way to create awareness on the importance of adopting eco-friendly habits and promoting recycling.
In Lima, Peru, for example, the Municipality of Santiago has scheduled some activities to celebrate this special day, starting with a Pagapu, or a ceremonial Andean tribute to the Pachamama, the quechua name for Mother Earth.
In addition, a show with the participation of many popular musical artists (Renzo de la Cadena, Giovanni Nesterez, Fabiola Lizarzaburu, Lucho Sandoval, Pepe Chiriboga, Guajiro Ortega and his Orchestra) is to start at 5:00 p.m. At the Ecoferia, located in the Parque de la Amistad.
In Miraflores, Organica Natural Cleaning is hosting, on Saturday, April 24, an event at the Maria Reich park located in the Malecon de la Marina, rom sunrise to sunset hours.
The events taking place during this festival are the following:
– Comunity Kundalini Yoga,
– Kids and Pre-Natal Yoga.
– Hatha / Ashtanga Yoga for general public.
– Collective meditation on sunrise.
– Sound healing circle using quartz bowls, Tibetan bowls among other instruments at sunset.
– Presentation and introduction of new products and technologies to the community:.
– Informative workshop on Green Awareness
– How to make your own toxic –free cleaning products
– The importance of recycling
– Theater show for kids on the importance of keeping our world clean and saving its resources in our daily operations (water, electricity, etc)
– Healing tent: Reiki, massage, stone healing, etc
– Air quality and the importance of reducing toxicity in our lives.
– Live music by local bands.
Have news you’d like to see in LivinginPeru.com? Contribute an article, whether it’s translated or based on your own reporting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.