Peru: Balloon survivors to sue Groupon, family says

0

On Tuesday night Peruvian officials announced they had found the body of Aldo Torres del Pino, 26, the last missing passenger on the hot air balloon that went down into Peruvian waters last Sunday.

The discovery marks the end of operations that resulted in the rescue of five of the seven passengers and crew on board the balloon, operated by Globos Peru SAC.

The body of Juan Carlos Fernández Moncada, the balloon’s pilot, was found earlier on Tuesday.

Aurora Toledo, mother of Melissa and Lizette Contreras, two of the five survivors, said her family would sue Groupon for negligence, La Republica reported.

"[We will] report Groupon’s gross negligence, for not investigating what kind of business they work with,” Toledo said, according to the daily.

On Monday Peru’s Ministry of Transport and Communication said Globos Peru SAC was not licensed to operate commercial balloon flights, and authorities said they will press charges against the company.

“Before any activity every Peruvian should be safe and know all the regulations,” Toledo said. “I think that if this group would have taken this into account, [and had]a life jacket, this would not have happened.”

On Tuesday night Peruvian officials announced they had found the body of Aldo Torres del Pino, 26, the last missing passenger on the hot air balloon that went down into Peruvian waters last Sunday.

Comments

comments