Quinoa is a superfood and deserves to be prepared in a super way. When the Living in Peru team visited “Hotel B”:http://www.peruthisweek.com/food-restaurant-review-hotel-b-107955 the other week, we were blown away by the warm dish _quinua de hongos con porcos_; the perfect comfort food with a healthy spin. Chef Josefinna Vallvé shares her recipe so that you can be a star chef at home.
• 90 grams (3.2 oz.) boiled white quinoa
• 10 grams (0.35 oz.) Porcon or Porcini mushrooms (dried)
• 10 grams (0.35 oz.) chopped white onion
• 2 grams (0.07 oz.) garlic paste
• 10 ml (2 tsps.) olive oil
• 3 ml (1 tsp.) truffle oil
• 5 grams (0.18 oz.) Grana Padano cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• An edible organic flower
1. Place the mushrooms is bowl and cover soak them in hot water for an hour.
2. Dice the mushrooms into squares.
3. At medium heat, in a pan sauté the garlic paste and chopped onion in olive oil.
4. Add the boiled white quinoa and the mushrooms, with half of the water from the mushroom bowl, to the sauté pan.
5. Add salt, pepper, and Grana Padano cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted (approx. 4 minutes).
6. Check your flavors and proceed to serve the mushroom quinoa with the juice around the borders of the plate. Flavor the dish with truffle oil, and garnish it with slices of Grana Padano Cheese and organic edible flower petals.
_Serves one. Recipe can be adjusted for larger servings._
Av. Saenz Peña 204 Barranco, Lima