This year not only did Peruvian grapes reach number three in exports in the world, but they are also going to be available soon in Japan.
“Peru has around 50 varieties of table grapes, but ‘it will depend on the authorities of Japan – which are working in coordination with the National Agrarian Health Service (SENASA) of Peru – to determine how many of these varieties can enter their country,” the general manager of the Association of Producers of table grape of Peru (Provid), Carlos Zamorano, said to Fresh Plaza.
The most requested grape variety in the international market, an in Asia as well, is the Red Globe.
“The 2018-2019 campaign is about to conclude and, according to Provid estimates, it will close with 47,000,000 boxes of 8.2 kilograms of table grapes. 98% of this production is destined for export and the remaining 2% does not qualify for this purpose”, Fresh Plaza informed.
(Cover Photo Archive)
Now that you're here:
We're asking you, our reader, to make a contribution in support of our digital guide in order to keep informing, updating and inspiring people to visit Peru. Why now? In our near 20-year journey as the leading English-language source on travel in Peru, we've had our fair share of ups and downs-but nothing quite like the challenges brought forth in the first quarter of 2020.
By adapting to the changing face of the tourism and travel industry (on both local and international levels), we have no doubt we will come out stronger-especially with the support of our community. Because you will travel again, and we will be ready to show you the best of Peru.
Your financial support means we can keep sharing the best of Peru through high-quality stories, videos and insights provided by our dedicated team of contributors and editors based in Peru. And of course, We are here to answer your questions and help whenever you need us.
As well, it makes possible our commitment to support local and small businesses that make your visit an unforgettable one. Your support will help the people working in these industries get back on their feet once the world allows us to make our dream of enjoying everything Peru has to offer a reality again-from its mouthwatering gastronomy, thriving Amazon and archaeological wonders such as Machu Picchu.
Together, we will find a way through this. As a member of our community, your contribution, however big or small, is valuable.